Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
Talk With Expert
Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) is also known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trek (4130m). It is the shortest major trek in Nepal for true trekkers who enjoy a short trek to utilize short break. We can say it a short trekking route because the length of the trek is 8-12 days.
The difficulty level is moderate anyone to have done trekking in their lifetime will find this trek route easy. Our trekking starts from the major tourist destination of Nepal Pokhara (which is categorized as a mesmerizing city in Nepal). The best season for trekking is October to December or March and April. This trekking route attracts many trekkers from different corners of the world to appreciate its beauty.
To exchange the culture of Nepal with you, one of the many resident people inhabit in this area is Gurung people who will create the “home away from home environment” for your comfort zone. The main part to be remembered your lifetime is that you can have tea catching the wonderful view of sunshine over the Annapurna which lies in the south this is an incredible part of this trek that should not be missed by a trekker in their lifetime.
This trekking route is well –known among trekkers because of its unique beauty and also has a spiritual significance among both Hindu and Buddhist. It is believed that this point (trekking route) is said to be the doorway of the god Shiva.
Day 01: Arrive at KathmanduArrive at Kathmandu. You will be picked by our company staff and dropped to your hotel. After being fresh our representative will discuss about the trip.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (800m / 2624ft)After having breakfast we will drive to Pokhara parsing the ravishing views of hills from Kathmandu on the way to Pokhara. We will reach Pokhara taking 7 to 7.5hrs on the bus. You will be satisfied with the elegance of the heaven of Nepal. We will spend our night there.
Day 03:Trek to Tolka (1700m / 5576 ft) 5-6.5 hours walkWe will start our day with breakfast and drive to Phedi and start our trek to Tolka(1810m). Then we will start our trek toward Tolka after trekking 5 to 6.5 hrs from Phedi. We will stay our night there.
Day 04:Trek to Chhomrong (2100m / 6888 ft) 5 – 6.5 hours walkIn the morning having breakfast we will move toward our today's destination Chhomrong. Chhomrong is in the nerve center in the way of our trekking route its beauty is incomplete without mentioning its hospitable peoples. Here we can exchange our culture. People inhabiting here also run evening culture show with a lot of enthusiasm. We will spend our night here.
Day 05:Trek to Dovan (2630m / 8626ft) 5-5.5 hours walkOur days start with a cup of tea viewing the beauty of the Chhomrong village. Start our trek to Dovan after walking 5-5.5 hrs we will reach our destination.
Day 06:Trek to Deurali (3230m / 10594ft) 6-7.5 hrs walk.We will have a long day today. We will have to trek 6-7.5 hrs. We will start our day with breakfast enjoying the view of Dovan and enjoy the view on the way to Deurali( this word is delighted by the women in Nepal which mean the place where they get love). We will spend our night there.
Day 07:Trek to ABC (Annapurna Base Camp) (4130m / 13546ft), 5-6 hrs walk.Most of your trekking was for this trek in the past few days. We will leave the Deurali in the morning. Trekking toward ABC (Annapurna Base Camp) will be the lifetime memory that is not only be stored in the mind but in your heart
Day 08:Trek down to Dovan / Bamboo (2310m / 7577ft) 6-7.5hrs walk.Way down through the Rhododendron forest you will live the precious moment which might be the dream for others. from the top of Annapurna Base Came to the bottom Dovan will be the best trek in your life. We will spend our night there.
Day 09:Trek to Ghandruk (1940m)From the Dovan night stay, we will move towards our new destination Ghandruk which is also famous for the inhabitants living there. Here we can find the cultural museum as well as a monastery known as “Gurung Heritage”. We will spend our night there.
Day 10:Ghandruk – PokharaToday we will start our trek in the morning after having breakfast. We will walk to Nayapul and drive toward Pokhara. During the evening we will visit some of the famous lakes and stay our night in Pokhara.
Day11: Pokhara to Kathmandu by flight/Tourist BusAfter having our breakfast in Pokhara we will head toward Kathmandu.
Trek Duration: 8-12 days
Trek Grade: Easy to Moderate
Highest Altitude: 4130 m (13550ft)
Accommodation: lodge/ hotel/ homestay
Transportation: private vehicle on the road to Pokhara or flight
Best season: October to December or march to April
Per Day walk: minimum 5hrs. to maximum 8hrs.
- Tea while admiring the beauty of Annapurna( one of the top fifteen Himal in the north-central part of Nepal which comes among the top 15 peaks all over the world (8000m).
- Exchanging the cultural values with Nepalese.
- Thrilling experience while trekking.
- Way down through the Rhododendron forest you will live the precious moment which might be the dream for others.
- Attend various cultural programs
- Traditional meals of Dhal Bhat and tarkari
- Hospitable nature of the Nepali
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- On registered and experienced local trekking guide.
- Sharing one porter between two trekkers to carry your main pack (weight limit 20kg)
- All meals: lunch, breakfast, dinner during the trekking.
- Tea, coffee, cookies, and fresh fruits are served during the trekking.
- Kathmandu – Pokhara bus ticket.
- All necessary trekking permits for the trekking.
- All government taxes, vat, and office service charge.
- A registered as well as experienced Annapurna Sanctuary trekking guide
- First Aids Kit.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
- Accommodation, meals, and transportations used in Kathmandu.
- Meals in Pokhara except for the breakfast.
- Bar bills and beverages during trekking (both alcoholic and non- alcoholic ).
- Personal phone calls and internet charges.
- Rescue operation charge in case of emergency.
- Gratitude and tips for your guide.
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu (We can arrange Hotel if you ask).
RECOMMENDED TREKKING GEARS
Trekking without any necessary gear can be very harmful and won’t be easy. No one wants to get hurt in a remote and distant area where there’s no proper health care. So to make your trekking safer and as well as trouble-free, we have enlisted some of the necessary gears that you need to acknowledge before heading for trekking is the highlands.
NECESSARY TREKKING GEARS
Here are some of the trekking gears which will be there to assist us while climbing any kind of mountain trails weather be steep or narrow. These trekking gears are extremely useful and are handy so make sure you have it in your checking list.
- Trekking sticks
- Quick-drying pants and shorts.
- Jackets and thermal suit to outcast cold
- Rainwear (jacket and pants.
- Duffle bags
- Plastic boots and crampons
- Mountaineering ice axes
- Climbing helmets (optional)
PERSONAL ITEMS CLOTHING
It’s very necessary to wear the outfit according to the situation and place. So here are some of the essential clothing gears required for trekking.
- Warm, insulated jacket or vest
- Fleece pants
- Warm hat
- Bandana (if necessary)
- Boots or shoes suited to the terrain
- Socks (synthetic or wool)
- Extra clothing (beyond the minimum expectation)
- Spare plastics or Ziplock bags to distinct clean clothes and dirty clothes.
It’s very essential to take your own health and hygiene from the new weather condition. So here are some of the apparatus that might be needed while the trekking period.
- Sanitation trowel (if no washroom)
- Baby wipes
- Sun Hat
- Toilet Paper
- Urinary products
- Sanitizers and alcohol wipes
To capture moments, to withdraw money, and to trek in a very efficient manner here are some technical gears that should be packed.
- Diaries and Journal to write experiences in words
- Books/GPS navigators
- Credit cards/ATM cards