Shey Phosundo Trek
Shey Phosundo Trek
Talk With Expert
The majestic region of Dolpo is going to be discovered .since 1989 this area had been open to the enthusiasm trekkers. Followers of Buddha inhabitants here attract tourism with their hospitable manners. The main alluring attraction sport is Phoksundo Lake. This trek is easy for the trekkers with no high passes, and the Himalayan forests. Phoksundo Lake is a short and easy journey with a lot of memories this lake is most beautiful is one of the deepest lakes of Nepal. Shey Phoksundo National Park the largest National Park you will also have the chance to visit there. Shey Phoksundo National Park is home for various species of rare flora and fauna. The National Park is an important habitat for endangered species like snow leopard, musk deer, and many more animals. It is home to more than 5 species of reptiles, 28 species of butterfly, and over 190 species of birds. This part of our nation helps to preserve the old traditions of Buddhism and is untouched by any sort of modernization. This trek takes you to the remotest and least exposed areas of Nepal but takes you to the paradise part of Nepal. Isolated by difficult topography but offers you the rare opportunity to explore undisturbed territory and people of Nepal with a lot of excitement. A short stay at the mesmerizing Phoksundo Lake will make you feel calm and peaceful as you admire the beauty of the lake along with the view of Kanjirowa Himal (6612m) add sweet to your memories. This destination is truly one of the most beautiful natural tourist destinations in Nepal. It comes among the highest settlements on Earth. There are many eye-catching glaciers near and above the lake area which you will find stunning.
Day 01: Arrive at KathmanduAs you fly into Kathmandu you can view of snow-capped mountain peaks greeting you. On arrival, you will be escorted to your hotel by our representative. As you feel refreshed our representative will discuss to you about the trek detail. In the afternoon feel free to explore Thamel, to shop for exotic trinkets, and can sightsee around Boudhanath Stupa and Basantapur Durbar Square.
Day 02: Fly to NepalgunjAfter having our breakfast in the morning you can explore the streets of Thamel or visit the Basantapur Durbar Square. Today you will be flying to Nepalgunj, a town in the western Terai near the Indian border. It is the hottest city in Nepal. Nepalgunj is also the business center and major transportation hub for many other regions of Nepal.
Day 03:Fly to Juphal and trek to Dunai(2150m).Dunai is known as the administrative capital of Dolpo. While reaching Dunai in the flight can enjoy the view of mighty snowcapped mountains. After the 35-minute flight, we reach Juphal, 8,210 feet, which is the starting point of our trek. The trail ascends southeast; You will see a traditional water mill, before finally reaching the village of Dunai at 7,035 feet. We will have our night stay here.
Day 04:Trek to Chhepka village (2670m)Leaving Dunai behind, today we head towards our new destination Chhepka. We will start our trek through the northern bank of the river to reach Sulighat, which is followed by Shey Phoksundo National Park check post then through a tropical maple forest, we will begin to see glimpses of Tibetan culture. Another hour-and-a-half walk uphill along the narrow trail brings us to the village of Chhepka at the height of 8,760 feet. We will have our night stay there.
Day 05: Trek to Jharana (Waterfall)Rise early for the new destination for trekking to Jharana (Waterfall). The trail climbs through a forest to Ringmo village. The route then ascends steadily stopping point for the night, Jharana. Your efforts will be rewarded with a close-up view of the spectacular Jharana Waterfall — one of the highest waterfalls in Nepal. We will have our night stay there.
Day 06:Trek to the Tibetan village of RingmoAfter having our breakfast we will head to our new destination Ringmo. As we make our way to Ringmo at 11,350 feet, we will trek through forests to the upper reaches of the Phoksundo River. Crossing the bridge and following the trail north to the ranger station at Phoksundo Lake. We finally push through the Phoksundo River gully, we will emerge onto the yak-filled of Ringmo, a Tibetan village we stay the night there.
Day 07:Explore sacred Phoksundo Lake and Tshowa GompaToday is a special day for nature lovers. We will explore the area around the most awaited destination through the trek -Phoksundo Lake. We would have explored Ringmo village before heading to Tshowa Gompa, a 900-year-old monastery above the lake. Phoksundo Lake is regarded as a holy place by Buddhists and its followers, who believe that the lake contains an underwater palace and mandala of spirits. The lake is famous for its unique color and spectacular scenery. Many beautiful glaciers can also be found near and above the lake area. You will gain a lifetime memory which may be a dream for others. We will spend that night there
Day 08: Trek to Chhepka VillageAfter having our breakfast in the Tshowa Gompa we will head back toward Chhepka Village which is in the height of 8,268 feet. We will trek back with a bunch of memories. Our journey may start to finish but what is long-lasting is the memories with nature and its beauty. We will spend that night in Chhepka Village where the hospitable behavior of the Nepalese will make you feel home away from home.
Day 09:Trek to Juphal 6–7 hoursStaying in the Chhepka Village overnight we will start out a trek for our new destination towards Juphal. Juphal is the point from where our destination had started. After having our breakfast we will start our new destination.it would be a long day today we will have to walk around 6–7 hours.
Day 10:Fly to KathmanduAfter having our breakfast and taking some rest we will fly from Juphal to Nepalgunj and on to Kathmandu. Reaching Kathmandu we will take a rest and start our sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
- Discover Phoksundo Lake,
- Explore the ancient Tshowa Gompa
- Visit a 900-year monastery
- Exchange the tradition and culture
- Explore rural but beautiful part of Nepal
- Homely environment by the hospitable citizens of Nepal
- Visit the Shey Phoksundo National Park and enjoy the natural beauty
- See the spectacular Jharana Waterfall which is the highest waterfall in Nepal
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
- Camping on the Shey Phoksundo lake.
- Trek Duration:- 10 days
- Trek Grade:- Easy to Moderate
- Highest Altitude:- 3,608 m
- Accommodation :-lodge/ hotel/ homestay /camping
- Transportation:-plane to fly to Nepalgunj
- Best season:-spring( March, April, May) Autumn ( September, October, November)
- Starting point:- Juphal
- Ending point:- Juphal
- Per Day walk:-4-5 hrs. to 7-8hrs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- All accommodations in tents and suitable Guest Houses during the trekking
- Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping Welcome & farewell dinner
- Travel & Rescue arrangements but your payments in case of emergency.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag and first aid 24 hrs. available
- All government and local taxes if necessary to pay
- All necessary paper works and permits
- Shey Phoksundo National Park permit.
- Lower Dolpo Restricted Area Permit.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
What not include?
- Your personal trekking equipment but can be managed by us if paid
- Your Travel Insurance
- Nepalese Visa (you can get on arrival visa in Tribhuvan International Airport)
- Tips for Guide is not compulsory but may be expected
- Additional costs due to illness, rescue,
- Personal drinks( both alcoholic and non- alcoholic) and Bar Bill will not be paid by the company
RECOMMENDED TREKKING GEARS
Trekking without any necessary gear can be very harmful and won’t be easy. No one wants to get hurt in a remote and distant area where there’s no proper health care. So to make your trekking safer and as well as trouble-free, we have enlisted some of the necessary gears that you need to acknowledge before heading for trekking is the highlands.
NECESSARY TREKKING GEARS
Here are some of the trekking gears which will be there to assist us while climbing any kind of mountain trails weather be steep or narrow. These trekking gears are extremely useful and are handy so make sure you have it in your checking list.
- Trekking sticks
- Quick-drying pants and shorts.
- Jackets and thermal suit to outcast cold
- Rainwear (jacket and pants.
- Duffle bags
- Plastic boots and crampons
- Mountaineering ice axes
- Climbing helmets (optional)
PERSONAL ITEMS CLOTHING
It’s very necessary to wear the outfit according to the situation and place. So here are some of the essential clothing gears required for trekking.
- Warm, insulated jacket or vest
- Fleece pants
- Warm hat
- Bandana (if necessary)
- Boots or shoes suited to the terrain
- Socks (synthetic or wool)
- Extra clothing (beyond the minimum expectation)
- Spare plastics or Ziplock bags to distinct clean clothes and dirty clothes.
It’s very essential to take your own health and hygiene from the new weather condition. So here are some of the apparatus that might be needed while the trekking period.
- Sanitation trowel (if no washroom)
- Baby wipes
- Sun Hat
- Toilet Paper
- Urinary products
- Sanitizers and alcohol wipes
To capture moments, to withdraw money, and to trek in a very efficient manner here are some technical gears that should be packed.
- Diaries and Journal to write experiences in words
- Books/GPS navigators
- Credit cards/ATM cards