LOWER MANASLU TREK
LOWER MANASLU TREK
Talk With Expert
Lower Manaslu trek lies in the Manaslu region of the Gorkha district. It is also known as Gorkha historical trekking. You will explore the historic, religious, cultural, and ecological significance of the Gorkha district while trekking. The Himalayan range and diverse culture and ethnicity will amaze you as you trek to the Lower Manaslu region. You will have a chance to see a fascinating view of mount Manaslu which is also the eighth highest peak on earth. One of the major attractions of this region is Gorkha Durbar which is a famous tourist destination as well. A lot of people show a keen interest in visiting Gorkha Durbar as it has historical and archeological importance. You will be observing various insights like Manakamana temple, Gorkha Durbar, Sita cave, traditional art, craftsmanship, and precious views of snow-capped mountains. Gorkha district holds a curious history for itself. It was the first capital city of Nepal from where the unification hub of unified modern Nepal was initiated by late king Prithvi Narayan Shah. Similarly, Gorkha armies have been recognized for their bravery and their major contribution to the British in the Second World War.
Lower Manaslu is one of the best destinations to explore the enriching and unparalleled historical, religious, ecological, cultural, and archeological importance place. You will be staying at local houses where you can learn about the local culture in depth. This is a 9-day trek where you will start your journey from the capital city, Kathmandu as it is the closest hub for all trekking regions. You will catch a bus going through Prithvi highway towards Kurintar. The trek initially starts from the Manakamana temple, which is famous for the people all over Nepal holding its religious values. You will also be vising the popular Gorkha Durbar which is situated on top of a small hillock along with the Gorkhakali temple which is the temple of the goddess Kali and Gorkha museum. The museum has a collection of artifacts and personal belongings of King Prithvi Narayan Shah. After you reach Gorkha Durbar, you are offered with a gorgeous scene of green valleys and the view of Himalayan ranges.
Day 1: Arrival in KathmanduYou will be arriving at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu at your scheduled time and our representatives will welcome you. He/ she will escort you to the hotel where you can rest during your leisure time for the day and then stroll around the hotel area in the evening for shopping or exploration. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Kathmandu to Gorkha (900m)You will have your breakfast then depart for Gorkha on a private tourist bus. It doesn’t take long to reach Gorkha bazaar as you will be reaching there within 4 hours. While traveling, you will observe fresh green landscapes along with a cool breeze in the air. Thus, you will enjoy the typical view of traditional Nepali villages along with the modernized city of Gorkha. You will spend your night in a lodge.
Day 3: Gorkha to Sirandanda (1900m)After having your breakfast at the lodge, you will proceed towards Sirandanda. The trail gradually increases as per the elevation as it is a curvaceous mountain road where the Dauradi river can be seen through the way. The altogether look of the scenario seems quite thrilling and scenic. Night stay at a lodge.
Day 4: Sirandanda to Barpak village (1920m)You will start your trek from Sirandanda to Barpak village. It is a village of brave army men and also recognized as the village of late Captain, Gaje Ghale who was honored with Victoria Cross Medal of Great Britain. This village has 24-hour electricity along with a Wi-Fi service. It is quite a technology adapting village for today. The houses are designed with unique sloppy shaped and clustered stone roof houses. Barpak village is also an attraction for the view of the mystic Himalayan range. You will then have your dinner and spend overnight at a homestay.
Day 5: Trek to Laprak village (2100m)Laprak is a huge village where you will be heading towards. The trail is quite easy to moderate. Laprak village has unique Nepali style wooden roofed houses along with Gurung culture and defining landscapes. You will spend your night at a community lodge.
Day 6: Trek to Nambai Kharka (2700m)After your breakfast, you will be trekking to Nambai Kharka which will take around 4 hours walking. Nambai Kharka means pasture or cowshed. You will see this village as quite a remote area as it lacks the infrastructure of development. Thus, the service you will be provided may not be enough but this is a chance to observe the day to day lifestyle pf people living in this village.
Day 6: Trek to Dharche Danda (3220m)Dharche Danda is the highest point of this trek which offers you a breathtaking panoramic view of various Himalayan ranges. The hills hold a kind of religious significance as per the locals because they worship the hill to avoid natural calamities. Some of the prominent peaks you will be seeing are Annapurna range, Barashikhar, Gangapurna, Fishtail, Langtang, Himal Chuli, Buddha Himal, Ganesh Himal range, Sringi Himal, etc. if you are lucky, you will observe cultural dance and delicacies of this region. You will spend your night at a homestay.
Day 7: Trek to Tallo ThotneriAfter your breakfast, you will depart for Tallo Thotneri and again trek to Ghyampesal through Sita Cave which is an adventurous destination as well. It is a 1.8 km walk from Tallo Thotneri. After a visit to the cave, you will walk too Ghyampesal which is your final destination of this trek as well. You will stay overnight in a lodge.
Day 9: Return to KathmanduAfter a quick breakfast at Ghyampesal, you will travel to Gorkha Bazaar in our tourist bus. It will take you around 3 hours to reach. After reaching, you will immediately depart for Kathmandu. It will take about 4 hours to reach. After reaching Kathmandu, you will be transferred to your hotel where you a=can relax for the rest of the day.
- Trek duration: 9 days
- Trek grade: Moderate
- Highest altitude: 3220 meters
- Accommodation: Teahouse/ Lodge
- Transportation: Flight/ Private bus
- Group size: 2 to 12
- Best season: Spring and autumn
- Per day walk: 4 to 6 hours
- Trek cost: USD 680 per person
- Experiencing local culture and their lifestyle, art, and craftsmanship.
- Fascinating and spectacular panoramic view of the various Himalayan range
- Observing the production of organic agriculture product
- Visit Manakamana temple as it has a religious significance of its own
- Visit Gorkha Durbar which holds historic importance and Gorkha museum as it has safely preserved the personal belongings of late king Prithvi Narayan Shah
- Lower Manaslu trek is known as one of the preferred and rewarding tourist destination
- Experiencing agro-based tourism and community-based homestay to learn the civilization of people, exchange of ideas, etc. in depth
- Once in a lifetime experience
- An opportunity to taste authentic Nepali cuisine while staying in local houses.
- Wonderful and fascinating flora and fauna of the hilly region of Nepal.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Airport pick up and drop service
- A full board meal during the trek
- A professional trek guide
- Porter as per the group size
- Transportation service and its charges
- Camping gear and equipment
- Accommodation for the team during the trek
- Government taxes and other applicable charges
- Tea, coffee, and snacks during the trek
- Medical supplies and first aid kit
- Office charges
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
- Meals in Kathmandu except for breakfast
- Alcoholic or non- alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, bar bills, shower, souvenir, etc.
- Emergency evacuation
- Health loss, accident or loss of personal belongings
- Tips for driver/ porters.
RECOMMENDED TREKKING GEARS
Trekking without any necessary gear can be very harmful and won’t be easy. No one wants to get hurt in a remote and distant area where there’s no proper health care. So to make your trekking safer and as well as trouble-free, we have enlisted some of the necessary gears that you need to acknowledge before heading for trekking is the highlands.
NECESSARY TREKKING GEARS
Here are some of the trekking gears which will be there to assist us while climbing any kind of mountain trails weather be steep or narrow. These trekking gears are extremely useful and are handy so make sure you have it in your checking list.
- Trekking sticks
- Quick-drying pants and shorts.
- Jackets and thermal suit to outcast cold
- Rainwear (jacket and pants.
- Duffle bags
- Plastic boots and crampons
- Mountaineering ice axes
- Climbing helmets (optional)
PERSONAL ITEMS CLOTHING
It’s very necessary to wear the outfit according to the situation and place. So here are some of the essential clothing gears required for trekking.
- Warm, insulated jacket or vest
- Fleece pants
- Warm hat
- Bandana (if necessary)
- Boots or shoes suited to the terrain
- Socks (synthetic or wool)
- Extra clothing (beyond the minimum expectation)
- Spare plastics or Ziplock bags to distinct clean clothes and dirty clothes.
It’s very essential to take your own health and hygiene from the new weather condition. So here are some of the apparatus that might be needed while the trekking period.
- Sanitation trowel (if no washroom)
- Baby wipes
- Sun Hat
- Toilet Paper
- Urinary products
- Sanitizers and alcohol wipes
To capture moments, to withdraw money, and to trek in a very efficient manner here are some technical gears that should be packed.
- Diaries and Journal to write experiences in words
- Books/GPS navigators
- Credit cards/ATM cards