Mardi Himal Trek is a relatively short yet exciting trek that takes you to the tropical side of Nepal. Located in the western Annapurna region, this trek offers breathtaking views of glacial valleys and landscapes, along with iconic views of snow-capped mountains like Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, Hiunchuli, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna South, Machhapuchre (Fishtail), and more.
- Trek Duration: 5 days
- Trek Grade: Moderate
- Accommodation: Teahouses/Lodges
- Best Seasons: Spring and Autumn
- Group Size: 2 to 12
- Trek Cost: USD 120 per person
- Stunning views of the Annapurna range and other mountain peaks
- Colorful rhododendron forest and other diverse vegetation
- Pristine social encounters with local people and their culture
- Eco-tourism experience through the rhododendron forest and other various varieties of vegetation
- Authentic Nepali cuisine
- White glaciers, snow-capped peaks, landscapes, and scenarios
Mardi Himal is a relatively new trek, having been officially opened in 2012. This means that it is less crowded than other treks in the region, offering a more authentic and immersive experience. The trek takes you through a variety of landscapes, from lush forests to alpine meadows to snow-capped peaks.
Mardi Himal Trek, a beacon of eco-tourism, traverses through a rich tapestry of exotic flora and fauna. This relatively short trek is a visual delight for nature lovers, offering immersive experiences into the intricate web of life in the Himalayas.
Rhododendron forests, adorned with vibrant blooms in spring, adorn the trail, leading to alpine meadows teeming with wildflowers. As you ascend higher, the landscape transforms into a mesmerizing canvas of snow-capped peaks, glaciers, and pristine alpine lakes.
This biodiverse haven is home to a variety of wildlife, including snow leopards, red pandas, Himalayan tahrs, and pheasants. With a keen eye and a bit of luck, you may spot these elusive creatures in their natural habitat.
Mardi Himal is a relatively short trek, making it a good option for first-time trekkers or those who are short on time. As you trek through this enchanting landscape, you’ll feel the serenity of nature and the thrill of adventure.
Day 1: Pokhara to Kande and trek to Deurali (2125m)
Your trek begins with a scenic drive from Pokhara to Kande. From Kande, you will trek to Deurali, a small village located in the foothills of the Himalayas. Along the way, you will enjoy stunning views of the Annapurna range and other mountain peaks.
Day 2: Trek to Low Camp (3150m)
On day 2, you will trek to Low Camp, which is located in the rhododendron forest. The trek is relatively easy, but the altitude gain is significant. You will have plenty of time to acclimatize and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Day 3: Trek to High Camp (3700m)
On day 3, you will trek to High Camp, which is located in the alpine meadows. The trek is more challenging than on previous days, but the views are even more rewarding. You will have plenty of time to explore the High Camp area and enjoy the sunset views of the Annapurna range.
Day 4: Trek to Mardi Base Camp (4500m)
On day 4, you will trek to Mardi Base Camp, which is the highest point of the trek. The trek is challenging, but the views are absolutely breathtaking. You will have the opportunity to see the Annapurna range up close, as well as other mountain peaks like Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchre.
Day 5: Drive back to Pokhara
On day 5, you will trek back to Kande and drive back to Pokhara. You will have the opportunity to relax and enjoy the scenic drive back to Pokhara.
Tips for Trekking Mardi Himal
- The best time to trek Mardi Himal is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. During these months, the weather is mild and there is less chance of rain.
- Mardi Himal is a moderate trek, but it is important to be in good physical condition. The trek involves altitude gain, so it is important to acclimatize properly.
- You can hire a guide and porter for your trek. This is not necessary, but it can be helpful, especially if you are a first-time trekker.
- Be sure to pack appropriate clothing and gear for the trek. This includes comfortable hiking shoes, warm clothes, and sunscreen.
Mardi Himal Trek is an exciting and rewarding trek that offers stunning views of the Annapurna range and other mountain peaks, along with a variety of other attractions. If you are looking for a relatively short and challenging trek in Nepal, Mardi Himal is a great option with Trekking Venue Nepal (TVN).