SUN KOSHI RIVER RAFTING
SUN KOSHI RIVER RAFTING
Talk With Expert
Sun koshi in Nepali means “River of gold”.Sunkoshi river rafting is one of the ten best foam rafting trips within the world. Big rapids, warm water, beautiful scenery, and most camping make this a classic multi-day river trip. The rapids during this river, apart from a couple of cases, gradually become more complex. Hence, it’s suitable for the primary time rafters and for those that want to brush up their rafting/kayaking skills. The river itself starts from the Tibetan border, passes through high mountains and valleys down, to the plains of Nepal and into the mighty Ganges in India.
For anyone desiring protracted foam rafting, Sun koshi River is a perfect river for those that are seeking for adventurous and challenging river rafting tour with a combine peaceful stretches of stunning scenery, some great and challenging rapids, and therefore the experience of a lengthy trip. Offering a panoramic scenario and access to villages along the way, this rafting tour offers a way of mixed ethnic group’s culture and tradition on the way. This is often an ideal match for rafters who want to raft to their heart’s content, as this river may be a whopping 270 kilometers long. You’ll see the high mountains, open valleys, forest, and little remote villages at the start of this trip. The rapids encountered at the start of the river trip are fairly relaxed class 3, giving a superb opportunity for nice teamwork to develop.
This journey influences any rafting or kayaking enthusiast with relaxing canyons, refreshing waterfalls, bat caves, interesting temples, beautiful white sandy beaches for fixing camp, and a superb sort of whitewater. The change in vegetation, scenario, and climate will help to make sure that each day you’ll spend on this trip is exciting and different. To feature to the thrill, rapids may appear and disappear consistently with seasons. A number of the foremost interesting, challenging, and popular rapids that you simply are going to be passing are Harkapur I and II, Meat Grinder, Punch, Judy, Pre-anxiety, Dead man Eddy, Rhino rock, Big dipper, Black hole, and High anxiety; all ranging from class III to V. All these rapids give you the most exhilarating experience ever. During the whole length of your trip, you’ll be surrounded by outstanding scenery, remote villages, and white sandy beaches.
Our Company is an approved travel company in Nepal who regulates Sun koshi Rafting adventurous pastimes packages for a long time and excelling in it. Possessing the best staff, members, guides, and the drivers we will make your trip striking. We have great expertise and in-depth knowledge in this area so we will go every desirable way to approach the needs of our esteemed guests.
If you’re an adrenaline junkie then this escapade is much more suited for you. So enjoy the valiant adventure of grade 4-5 rift.
DAY 1: Arrival in the heart of Nepal, Kathmandu.After arriving in the lovely capital of Nepal via Tribhuwan International Airport, our agents will be there to receive you and transfer you to one of the standard hotels of Kathmandu. Freshen yourself up from the tiring flight.
DAY 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Dolalghat and rafting from Dolalghat to Pachuwarghat (541m).After breakfast, early in the morning, we'll leave for our put-in point Dolalghat. Enjoying three hours of scenic and fresh drive from Kathmandu to Dolalghat, the expedition starts at the Sun Koshi River. After the usual briefing and preparations, the trip is on. The river looks deceitfully peaceful and lazy and shortly local villagers are encountered. The lunch stop is at a lovely sandy beach. Bhotekoshi meets Indrawati and combines to form the Sun Koshi River. We will start to raft on Sun Koshi. The start is going to be smooth with a few rapids, which can give us some practice and warm-up for the rapids that are yet to return. Towards the end of the day, you'll experience the primary of the many Class III rapids. We will find our camp at Pachuwarghat for the night’s rest.
DAY 3: Rafting from Pachuwarghat to Chainpur (1206m).After breakfast the next morning we'll start paddling from Pachuwarghat to Chainpur. We will be facing a few exciting Class II and sophistication III Sun Koshi rapids. As we raft we will reach the holy Hindu temple kusheswor alongside which runs BP highway. Later, you will also see Majhee Gaun (which means fisher’s village in Nepali). By the time we reach Chainpur, it'll be evening so we'll set our camp at Chainpur by the side of SunKoshi River.
DAY 4: Rafting from Chainpur to Jhagre (1190m).This will be another thrilling day for us. Tama Koshi will join sun Koshi increasing its volume. We will experience thrilling rapids such as Meat Grinder, punch, high- the anxiety of class IV, and Judy, Pre- the anxiety of class III. As evening approaches, we will set camp at Jhagare.
DAY 5: Rafting from Jhagre to Raighat (268m).This will be an exhilarating day for us as we will face the famous Harkapur I and II (Class V) rapids. After some paddling, we'll see Dudh Koshi join Sun Koshi. Our campsite for the night will be Raighat beach for the much-awaited rest and refreshment.
DAY 6: Rafting from Raighat to Rasuwaghat (501m).We will start rafting the next day and encounter some exciting rapids such as Jaws rapid followed by the fabled “Dead Eddy Man ''. We will find our camp for the night at Rasuwaghat by the Sun Koshi riverside.
DAY 7: Arousing rafting in the exotic Sunkoshi.As we continue rafting down the river, we'll enter tropical vegetation. Sun Koshi becomes narrower, and we are going to be passing through a neighborhood referred to as “Jungle Corridor” which is filled with continuous rapids. As we move ahead, we encounter a series of waterfalls – un-spoilt and serene. This day’s camp is going to be almost Waterfall by the side of Sun Koshi.
DAY 8: Exhilaration continues as we raft in Tribeni and Saptakoshi.The next day, we will come across two exciting rapids – Big Dipper (Class IV) followed by Black Hole (Class III). We will then witness Arun and Tamor mix with Sun Koshi at Tribeni (which means confluence of three rivers in Nepali). A total of seven rivers have now joined Sun Koshi and it is now called Sapta (which in Nepali means seven) Koshi. Our camp on that day is going to be at Tribeni.
DAY 9: Sightseeing and Paddling to Chatara (153m).After some delicious breakfast, we will raft for some time until we reach the famous Baraha temple. We will spend some time sightseeing, and then we will paddle to Chatara – our final put out point.
DAY 10: Ride from Chatara to Biratnagar and flight to Kathmandu.From Chatara, we will fly to Kathmandu. You’ll be dropped to your hotel by our representatives. You can rest after the long and tiring day or if you want, you can dine out and enjoy the nightlife of Kathmandu. Enjoy and get some proper rest.
DAY 11: Rest and leisure day for exploring Kathmandu.You will have time to relax and get fresh in your hotel. After getting some rest, you can go for last-minute souvenir shopping. If you want, our guides will advise the best sites to purchase souvenirs. In the dusk, you will have a farewell dinner with our office agents (along with guides) in a typical Nepali restaurant. We will drop you back to your hotel. Witness the alluring nightlife overnight in Kathmandu.
DAY 12: Departure to an international airport.Time to announce your valediction to Nepal! Appreciate your ultimate moments in Kathmandu including breakfast in a café, a town stroll, or memorial shopping token of Kathmandu. An agent of our company will join you at your lodge and transport you to the airport for your return from aviation to home. It’s suited to be at the airport at least two hours before departure.
- Rafting Name: Sunkoshi River Rafting
- Rafting Duration: 8 Days
- Accommodation: Tented camps, local hotels
- Itinerary package: 12D/11N
- Rafting Difficulty: Grade 3-5
- Rafting Season: Sep/Oct/Nov/June /May/Dec/March
- Rafting Distance: 270 km
- Group Size: 1-6 pack
- Rafting Package: Private/Group Tour
- Mode of Journey: Bus/Jeep/Car and Flight
- Start/End of Trip: Dolalghat /Chatara
- Rafting Cost: *****
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Dolalghat.
- Vigorous trekking for 8 days while going and returning.
- Astonishing Sun Koshi River and valiant escapade of rafting.
- Feel your adrenaline rushing on grade IV and V rapids.
- Tent on the beach surrounded by scenic views.
- Sheer, challenging, and continuous but adventurous rapids.
- Fulfill your adrenaline with the dose of adventurous desire with exhilarant rafting.
- Lovely, charming, and hospitable individuals.
- Be a part of the local way of living.
- Enjoy the great hospitality of our agency and also promote the local economy.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- All Mandatory materials such as self-bailing rafts, headgears, lifejackets, plastic paddles, swimsuits on particular rivers, waterproof packs for gear, camera barrels, and all safety and pharmaceutical equipment.
- Ground Transportation via private vans.
- Tasty Meals, (breakfast, lunch, dinner) throughout your rafting trip.
- All the necessary staff (Guide, Helpers, Cook, etc.)
- Tented comfort in a stunning river beach with a campfire.
- Safety rafting with all essentials.
- All the necessary River Permit.
- Meals, accommodation, coverage for all staff, and their shipping.
- Journey components combine professional guides with necessary drills
- And leadership
- First aid kit box in necessary situations.
- Emergency evacuation assistance.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
- Unrelated transportation, accommodation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes, etc.
- Footwear and personal items like sunscreens, lip balm, etc.
- Articles of a person including swimwear, towel, and toiletries.
- Insurance of participants.
- Tips for guides.
- Sightseeing costs.
- All liquors, snacks, and additional charges such as laundry, hot showers, battery charging, Wi-Fi, etc.
RECOMMENDED TREKKING GEARS
Trekking without any necessary gear can be very harmful and won’t be easy. No one wants to get hurt in a remote and distant area where there’s no proper health care. So to make your trekking safer and as well as trouble-free, we have enlisted some of the necessary gears that you need to acknowledge before heading for trekking is the highlands.
NECESSARY TREKKING GEARS
Here are some of the trekking gears which will be there to assist us while climbing any kind of mountain trails weather be steep or narrow. These trekking gears are extremely useful and are handy so make sure you have it in your checking list.
- Trekking sticks
- Quick-drying pants and shorts.
- Jackets and thermal suit to outcast cold
- Rainwear (jacket and pants.
- Duffle bags
- Plastic boots and crampons
- Mountaineering ice axes
- Climbing helmets (optional)
PERSONAL ITEMS CLOTHING
It’s very necessary to wear the outfit according to the situation and place. So here are some of the essential clothing gears required for trekking.
- Warm, insulated jacket or vest
- Fleece pants
- Warm hat
- Bandana (if necessary)
- Boots or shoes suited to the terrain
- Socks (synthetic or wool)
- Extra clothing (beyond the minimum expectation)
- Spare plastics or Ziplock bags to distinct clean clothes and dirty clothes.
It’s very essential to take your own health and hygiene from the new weather condition. So here are some of the apparatus that might be needed while the trekking period.
- Sanitation trowel (if no washroom)
- Baby wipes
- Sun Hat
- Toilet Paper
- Urinary products
- Sanitizers and alcohol wipes
To capture moments, to withdraw money, and to trek in a very efficient manner here are some technical gears that should be packed.
- Diaries and Journal to write experiences in words
- Books/GPS navigators
- Credit cards/ATM cards